We do not collect personal information unless you choose to give it to us. If you provide personal information through the Software, it will be held by us.
Please note that neither SidelineApp nor the Software is intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. We will immediately close and terminate any accounts used exclusively by children under the age of 13 and/or delete any personal information we believe is submitted by any child under the age of 13.
If you are a parent of a child under the age of 13 and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights.
SidelineApp provides a live stream and video on demand service that allows paid users to access school and other junior sports matches streamed over the Internet to certain internet connected TVs, computers, mobile and other devices (Sports Content). Individuals appearing in the Sports Content may be under the age of 18.
If there was any instance where such automatically collected information could cumulatively be used to personally identify a child, then we would ask for a parent or guardian’s email address in order to obtain parental consent to collect and use such information in line with COPPA requirements.
SidelineApp may also send push notifications, utilises geo-location data and automatically collect usage data through the use of tracking technologies such as ‘cookies’. This anonymous reporting is used for the purposes of providing SidelineApp and improving the service for our users.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s privacy through the use of the SidelineApp, we encourage you to contact our privacy officer at email@example.com for more information about our privacy practices.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and store the following information –
Registration and Account Information
When you create an account, sign up for access to the Software, download SidelineApp, and/or access or use the Software, we may require you to provide us with certain information that can be used to identify and contact you such as your username, password, name, email address, date of birth, gender, address, postal code, and country, as well as various transaction related information such as billing address, credit card numbers, security codes and/or other payment information. Your account will be protected by a password, selected by you. Your email address and password will be used together to enable secure access and maintenance of your account by you.
You warrant that the information provided by you is true, accurate and complete, and you agree, at all times, to keep it that way. We shall have no liability to you arising from the misuse of your personal information or as a result of your failure to keep such information safe and confidential.
Usage, log data & Cookies
We keep track of your interaction with the Software. Our services automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you access the Software. The information recorded includes your Internet Protocol address (IP address), your cookie ID, your browser type and version, which aspects of SidelineApp or the Software you use and when and how long you use them for. These are the types of cookies we may use to operate SidelineApp or provide the Software:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – these cookies are essential to making sure the Application works correctly, and record information that allows you to move around the Application and navigate its features;
- Performance Cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use the Application, such as how often you access the Application and if you encounter any errors;
- Functionality Cookies – these cookies allow our Application to remember the choices you make to provide a more personalised experience;
Cookies can stay on your device temporarily (Session Cookies) or until you manually delete them (Persistent Cookies).
Data collected by cookies does not identify you, but it does identify your device. Where such data can be cumulatively used to personally identify you, we will seek your consent to collect and process such information.
Depending on your device, you may be able to change your settings to notify you when a cookie is issued, or reject cookies, however if you choose to reject cookies we cannot guarantee the functionality of the Application.
Your credit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process any payment due by you may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide you wish access to the Software. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they have stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
Where we Collect Your Information
There are places on SidelineApp and/or our website where you can choose to give us personal information, such as:
- When you are creating an account;
- Subscribing to receive emails from us or other electronic direct marketing;
- If you lodge a complaint, make a comment, or give feedback to us, we collect your email address and sometimes other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information collected by us helps us process your user registration and to provide, enhance, personalize and improve your experience with the Software. We also use the information automatically collected by our servers to monitor and analyse how users use the Software and to maintain and improve the Software.
We additionally use the information collected by us to:
- ensure technical functioning of the Software, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Software, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Software;
- communicate with you regarding your account and any customer service matters which may arise;
- communicate with you for promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us;
- enable and promote the Software and other services or products;
- respond to or confirm any requests submitted by you to our customer service department;
- notify you and warn you of any inappropriate conduct, and if necessary, to inform you of the suspension or termination of your account;
- provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other users; and
In some contexts, we will share certain information. For example, if you sign up for the Software through a third party application, we may share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account. We additionally may share de-identified information with our partners.
Managing your Subscriptions and Notifications
You will be asked to opt-in to receive any emails, mailings or other announcements from us.
You confirm that certain non-marketing related correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account, and payment related matters, will be automatically received by you by virtue of your use of the Software and you will not have the option to opt-in in order to receive this correspondence.
If you choose to opt-in to receive communications from us, you may, at any point you are no longer interested in receiving any emails, mailings or other announcements from us, unsubscribe from the receipt of such communications by clicking on the specified link in any given email communication or by amending the notification settings in your account. Please note that you may not be able to unsubscribe from certain non-marketing related correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account and payment related matters.
Controlling your Information
You have the right to access, update and correct any inaccuracies in your personal information through your account settings. You may also request, access, update, and correct any inaccuracies in other personal information we control by contacting us directly.
In order to protect your privacy and security, we take all reasonable steps (such as the request of a password or confirmation of certain information) to verify your identity before granting you access or allowing you to make any updates or corrections to your account. You remain solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times. We shall have no liability to you arising from the misuse of your personal information or as a result of your failure to keep such information safe and confidential.
What are your rights to your Personal Information
In accordance with the GDPR, we acknowledge the right of EU citizens to:
- have their data erased that is no longer being used for a legitimate purpose;
- request a copy of all Personal Data held about you by WEYO in a readable format; and
- request restricted processing of your Personal Data whilst any complaints or concerns are being resolved.
To erase, request or restrict processing of your Personal Data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Affiliates
We may, from time to time, share statistical and demographical information about our users and their use of the Software with advertisement suppliers and potential affiliate partners. We may also disclose and otherwise use non-personally identifiable information about users. None of the above would include anything that could be used to personally identify you or to discover individual information about you.
We may, under certain circumstances, also share your personal information if:
- Such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, court order or otherwise as requested or required by law enforcement or government authorities;
- Such action is appropriate to enforce the Agreement and/or Payment Terms, including any investigation of potential violations thereof;
- Such action is necessary to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Software;
- Such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, its employees, users of the Software;
- We wish to inform business partners about use of the Software and products and items made available through the Software, in the form of aggregated statistics or otherwise in a format which does not identify your identity; or
- We are in the course of negotiating or conducting a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
You hereby grant us and our representatives the right to access your account and records as may be necessary to investigate any use of the Software including, but not limited to, alleged violations of applicable laws and regulations, abuse and/or harassment.
Third Party Privacy Policies
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third party websites and Third Party Applications. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
Any billing information which is supplied and transmitted through the Software in accordance with our Payment Terms is protected via Secure Socket Layer technology and HTTPS No security measures are however, 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of user information at any time. We accept no liability for any breach of security, or direct hacking of our security measures, or any unintentional disclosure, loss or misuse of any information or data or for the actions of any third parties that may obtain any information or data.
You acknowledge and agree that you provide your personal information at your own risk. If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not use the Software.
If you have any concerns, questions or comments, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com.